Favela Santa Marta Tour with a Local Guide
- Visit one of the most beautiful favelas of Rio de Janeiro
- Join a tour with a local guide who knows everything about the favela culture and history
- See places with amazing views to take great pictures
- Shop at the many local shops found in the Favela Santa Marta
Using the Santa Marta cable car, your guide will take you to the top of the favela. From here you will get to witness one of the best panoramic views of the city. Spot Christ the Redeemer, the Sugar Loaf, Praia de Botafogo, Lagoa Rodrigues de Freitas and the entire district of Botafogo.
Then explore the streets and alleys held dear by both residents and the many famous visitors to Favela Santa Marta alike, from Queen Elizabeth II to Michael Jackson. Stroll through the favela, seeing the best sights and stopping at many of the local artisan shops along the way.
- Walking tour
- Local tour guide and translator
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Shell gas station located at the corner of Rua São Clemente 307 with Rua da Matriz, at Botafogo. At the station there is a store named "Select", we meet close to the store for easier identification, at the time scheduled.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please bring some money with you if you wish to purchase any souvenirs or food and drink from local shops
• The tour will run with any weather, please dress according to the climate
• Wearing sneakers is recommended as there is walking involved