Riga: 3-Hour Soviet Walking Tour
Pickup includedPrivate tours are available at your preferred time. Pick up available from centrally located places (within 20 minutes walking distance from Old Town).
- See sites that are legacies of Riga’s Iron Curtain past
- Learn more about history and life during the occupation
- Taste typical foods from the Soviet era
Learn more about the local history of the 20th century, including 3 occupations and miraculous movements towards independence.
See typical Soviet-era monuments and buildings, hear about life during the occupation and enjoy great panoramic views. You'll also have the opportunity to try some typical Soviet-era food from a Soviet-style buffet.
- Hotel pick-up (if private option chosen)
- Professional local guide
- Public transportation ticket
- Entrance ticket to viewing platform (€5 per person)
- Refreshments during buffet (€1-2 per person)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• The tour duration is 3 hours and a moderate amount of walking is involved
• Please let the tour operator known in advance about any special medical conditions or restrictions
• Don’t forget an umbrella (if it is raining) or sunscreen (if it is sunny)