Reykjavik: Midnight Sun Whale Watching Tour
- Encounter whales, dolphins and harbor porpoises off the coast of Reykjavik
- Sail into the Midnight sun with Iceland's only environmentally certified whale watching company
- Cruise from Faxafloi Bay to look for minke whales
- Keep up-to-date with the online Whale Diary and monitor sightings and conditions in the area
- Help protect and preserve the wildlife and scenery of Iceland's magnificent landscape
Climb aboard a whale watching boat operated by the only environmentally certified whale watching company in Iceland, and explore the southern part of Faxafloi Bay in the Midnight sun of the summer months. On the 3.5-hour tour you will get up-close to whales such as playful minke, as well as see abundant sea birds, dolphin and harbor porpoise.
Whales are seen on more than 95% of summer tours, often surfacing within a few meters from the boats. To ensure that the animals are not disturbed, boats sail at a constant speed towards the whales' habitat. This is part of a sustainability policy, trying to minimize oil use and pollution.
Guides have all gone through an extensive training program, based on exclusively developed guiding principles. They will provide valuable information about the wildlife and scenery in an entertaining way. And as a successful whale watching tour is a team effort, the crew work closely with passengers to spot the whales, helping you feel an important part of the experience.
- Access to the Whale Watching Center
- Use of warm overalls
- Guide to enhance your experience
- Wifi on board
- Live troubadour performance
- Refreshments (available to purchase on board)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Elding ticket office right in the heart of Reykjavík, no more than 300 meters (5 minutes) walk from the downtown Tourist Information Centre. Exchange your ticket before heading to the boats. Ægisgarður 5, 101 Reykjavík, IcelandOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
• By buying a ticket for this tour you are contributing to the summer research projects, environmentally friendly and responsible tourism and non-governmental organizations for the protection of wildlife