Reykjavik Highlights Walking Tour
- Marvel at the beautiful Hallgrímskirkja
- Visit the stunning Harpa Concert Hall and marvel at its unique architecture
- View the Alþingi Parliament House and listen to stories about the Icelandic political landscape
- Explore the giant topographical map of Iceland inside the Reykjavík City Hall
- Stroll through old residential neighborhoods with small houses and colorful rooftops
Your next stop is the lovely Einar Jónsson sculpture garden where you will learn the basics of Norse mythology before strolling through the quaint streets of Thingholt neighborhood towards the City Pond. Continue on to Reykjavik City Hall and view a super-sized topographical map of Iceland while your guide introduces you to the fascinating geological profile and volcanic history of Iceland.
Thread your way through the heart of the city, taking in views of the Alþingi Parliament House, the modest but beautiful Reykjavik Cathedral, and the site of the first Viking homesteads in the city.
End your walk at the Old Harbor which offers views of the impressive Harpa Concert Hall having seen all the main Reykjavík highlights and gained local insight into Icelandic life.
- Expert local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees when applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the activity starts
• Please be aware that children under 6 years of age might find the walk long (5 km) so make arrangements (stroller etc), or be prepared to carry them for part of the way
• Tour groups will have a maximum number of 15 participants
• In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected.