Reykjavik ATV & Northern Lights Tour
Pick-up includedYour hotel. If you hotel is in a no-pickup zone, you will need to walk to the nearest bus stop.
- Hit the mountain peaks overlooking Reykjavik
- Get well off the beaten path on off road mountain trails
- Go northern lights hunting on on a minibus tour
Before you hit the off-road trails in the natural playground, guides will teach you how to operate the bikes and discuss safety instructions. Once everyone is geared up and ready to go, you'll head out for an adventure up to Hafrafjall mountain and beyond. The ATV tour is one full hour out on the trails that cut through the ruggedly beautiful Icelandic landscape. After the tour, you'll relax, defrost and enjoy a hot cup of coffee then afterwards be dropped off at the Gray Line bus station for part two of your excursion.
The hunt for the Northern Lights is then on! Your guide will take you out of Reykjavík city to the best places to see the Northern Lights swirling across the night sky in their magnificent shapes and colors. Located under the Auroral Oval, Iceland is one of the best places on Earth to experience the beautiful and mysterious northern lights. Northern lights (Aurora Borealis) are most frequently seen around the North Pole, within an oval shaped region drawn around the Northern hemisphere called the aurora oval. Iceland lies within this most active region meaning that the Northern lights are potentially visible from every place in Iceland. You'll be accompanied by an engaging and educated guide as he takes you on your journey away from the buzz of the city to check off the item at the very top of your bucket list.
- 1 full-hour out on the ATV trails
- Sightseeing over Reykjavík with stunning views
- Hafrafell Mountain summit, Hafravatn Lake
- Northern Lights Mystery Tour with Gray Line
- Gear: overalls, helmets, balaclavas, gloves
- Pick-up & return transfer from your Reykjavík Hotel
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Wear outdoor clothes suitable to the weather conditions