Private Glacier Lagoon: Jökulsárlón
Pickup includedPick-up from hotel in Reykjavík
- View the stunning Skógarfoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Experience the southern black sand beaches
- Pay a visit to the Vík village
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Check out the incredible Eldhraun lava fields
Just before you reach the Jökulsárlón lagoon you will pass Iceland's second-largest active volcano, Öræfajökull. Jökulsárlón literally means "glacier lagoon" and is situated at the head of the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier. At the time the first settlers arrived in Iceland, the edge of Breiðamerkurjökullis is thought to have been 20 kilometers further north than it is now. Large blocks of ice break off the edge of the glacier, which is about 30 meters high, keeping the lagoon filled with icebergs.
Truly a breathtaking experience, you will also have the opportunity of some sailing in-between icebergs during the summertime (not available during winter).
- Private vehicle
- Private guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks