Northern Lights & Stars: 3-Hour Tour from Reykjavik
Pick-up servicePlease be ready outside or at the reception of your Reykjavik accommodation 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure. Note that the tour operator does not offer pick-up services at private or Airbnb housing. Because of traffic limitations, for some Reykjavík city areas you will have to make your way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to let them know. Pick-up is available from the cruise port. For this, please indicate which cruise port you will be arriving to.
- Search the sky above Iceland for the northern lights
- Learn the basics of northern lights photography
- Choose from 10 different languages on your in-bus audio guide
Board one of the fleet’s new buses in Reykjavík, and take a comfortable seat where you’ll find a computer tablet and an in-bus audio guide (available in 10 languages). You’ll also find a USB charger and have access to the free WiFi on board. The audio guide provides useful tips on how best to capture the northern lights with your camera.
You’ll not only be in search of the legendary and mesmerizing northern lights, but you’ll also be able to pinpoint some of the constellations of stars. Learn what they are and what they have represented to Icelandic ancestors and to different cultures throughout time. You’ll have assistance in finding the best-known constellations and stars.
There are a few factors that determine whether it’s likely you’ll be able to see the northern lights and the guides are experts in reckoning your chances of seeing them. This means they have a high success rate, and do not go out unless they feel the odds are well in your favor.
In order to find the northern lights you need 2 things: patience and warm clothing. If by chance you didn't bring a warm jacket, no worries. The tour operator has ultra-warm Aurora Jackets for rent!
- Knowledgeable Northern Lights and Stars guide
- Free use of astronomy binoculars
- Use of a smart tablet to learn the basics of northern lights photography
- Free use of camera tripods (tripods are available that fit almost any camera or phone)
- Guarantee to see the northern lights or you can take the tour again for free
- Free WiFi and USB charger at each seat
- In-bus audio guide in a choice of 10 languages
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up from your accommodation (unless you have chosen tour option with hotel pick-up)
Prepare for the activity
This tour option does not include hotel pick-up. Your tour starts from Reykjavík Terminal, centrally located at Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavík. please be at the terminal 15 minutes before your departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• From 28 August-30 September and 1 April-15 April departures at 10:00 PM
• From 1 October-31 March, daily departures at 9:00 PM
• Departures are highly dependent on weather
• There is no minimum number of participants
• There are no age limits
• Be sure to dress according to the weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothing. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
• Audio guide on bus: it is a good idea to bring your own headphones because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have headphones with you or forgot to bring them, you can purchase them on board
• Tour duration: approximately 3 hours