Iceland: Landmannalaugar 4-Hour Hiking Experience
Pickup optional7:15 AM from Ráðhúsið (City Hall) on Vonarstræti – in front of the Reykjavik Tourist Information Center. 7:30 AM from Hallgrímskirkja Church – bus pick up/drop off nr. 8. 7:45 AM from Reykjavík Campsite in Front of Reykjavik City Hostel. 8:35 AM from Selfoss N1 Gas Station. 9:15 AM from Hella Bus Stop
- Enjoy the wonders of Landmannalaugar
- Hike through the spectacular Vondugil Canyon
- Take a bath in a natural hot pool in stunning surroundings
Landmannalaugar, together with Hekla, an active volcano in its neighborhood, is one of Iceland's most unique destinations and a must for all who love to explore the beauty of nature. Discover one of the most active geothermal areas flanked by rhyolite mountains and steaming hot springs.
Start the day with lunch and set off on a 4-hour hike through the sprawling lava fields of Laugahraun, Vondugil Canyon and up to the summit of the colorful mountain of Brennisteinsalda with its steaming vents and Sulphur deposits.
Descend through the Grænagil canyon, carved as a result of geodynamic activity of mountains, volcanoes and glacial rivers. If time and weather conditions allow, climb Bláhnúkur, a circa 60,000-year-old volcano with panoramic views of the Landmannalaugar Valley.
Have a bath in a natural hot pool, where both hot and cold water flow out from beneath Laugahraun, mixing together and forming the perfect bathing conditions. Remember to take your swimwear and a towel with you.
- Transport (if option booked)
Prepare for the activity
In front of the Landmannalaugar Wardens' Hut at 12:00. Upon arrival please keep a look out for your guide. Please keep in mind that you need a 4x4 jeep that is permitted to drive on F-roads to drive to Landmannalaugar.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is suitable for everyone, no previous experience is needed
• You will be hiking for 4 hours
• The approximate tour duration including pickup from Reykjavík is 14 hours
• Please bring warm clothes, rain gear, hiking shoes, a bathing suit, and a towel