Katla Ice Cave and Super Jeep Tour from Reykjavik/Vik
Pickup optionalPick-up is offered at authorized locations. Please note that pickup starts at the start time indicated and can take up to 30 minutes to arrive.
- Discover the natural wonders of Iceland's south coast by Super Jeep
- Explore a natural ice cave at Kötlujökull Glacier
- Enjoy the views over the Mýrdalsjökull Ice Cap
Along the way you will visit the small town of Vík and then take a turn onto a rural road only accessible by Super Jeep. Stop at Kötlujökull Glacier, where you’ll find a stunning ice cave to explore. Admire the interior of the magnificent ice cave with an experienced guide.
Head back to the Super Jeep for the return drive to Reykjavik or Vik. On the way back you'll stop to take in the popular Skógafoss waterfall.
- Pick-up in Reykjavik or Vik
- Super Jeep ride
- Visit to a natural ice cave
- Crampons for walking on ice
- Knowledgeable guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
By the entrance at the back of the Ice Cave Bistro/Restaurant in Vik. Your guide will be holding an 'Arctic Adventures' sign or standing by a super jeep marked with an Arctic Adventures sign in the window.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
• The tour duration is approximately 11 hours
• Be sure to wear warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended.