Queenstown: Summer Tandem Paragliding
- Fly from the highest flying site in Queenstown
- Paraglide with the champion or a highly experienced pilot
- Enjoy free transportation from and back to Queenstown
This friendly and highly qualified team is led by Angus Tapper, a 4-time New Zealand Paragliding Champion and runner-up in the 2010 National Hang Gliding championships. He has over 30 years of aviation experience.
After a short drive up to the ski field, you’ll be teamed up with your highly experienced pilot. He’ll do a safety briefing with you followed by a short practice. Soon, you and your pilot will be flying away. Once up in the air, you’ll have amazing views of the whole Wakatipu area. There’s nothing better than seeing the spectacular Queenstown region from the air.
Once you’re done, a courtesy van will pick you up from the purpose-built landing site, which has a café that offers hot food and drinks.
- 12 to 15-minute paragliding flight
- Shuttle service from Queenstown
- Photos and videos (available for purchase)
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable clothes
• A reasonable level of fitness is required (must be able to do a short run on take off)
• Minimum passenger weight is 20kg, maximum passenger weight is 110kg, and minimum height is 80cm.
• It is important for all customers to declare any of the below medical conditions (please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing this activity): pregnancy, heart condition, recent sprains or muscular injuries, panic/anxiety attacks, high/low blood pressure, bone disorders, fragile skin, dislocations, diabetes, epilepsy, prosthetics, neurological disorders, disabilities, physical impairment, motion sickness