Queenstown: Milford Sound Scenic Flight and Nature Cruise
Pickup includedFree pickup possible from your central Queenstown accommodation 1 hour prior to departure.
- Get back to nature in Fiordland National Park
- Marvel at the grandeur of Milford Sound aboard a small catamaran
- Take a scenic flight over the mountains by light aircraft
- Enjoy bird's eye views of the Southern Lakes, Tutoko Glacier, and Milford Fiord
- Drink pure glacial water from a waterfall
- Return to Queenstown on an alternate flight path
- Look for dolphins, seals, and rare Fiordland crested penguins
Get back to nature in Fiordland National Park, known for its glacier-carved fjords and magnificent beech forest. Climb aboard the Spirit of Milford catamaran, and explore the legendary body of water for 2 hours. Marvel at the flora and fauna, and get up close to native wildlife, including rare Fiordland crested penguins in the Spring and Fall.
Appreciate the grandeur of the cliffs rising hundreds of meters from the water. Get within touching distance of impressive geological features, and feel the full force from the powerful Stirling Falls. Join the skipper on the bridge for a bird's-eye view, and to discover how the boat operates.
- Pickup and drop-off from centrally located Queenstown accommodations
- Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map prior to departure
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- Optional bush walk to the boat docks to learn about the native environment (time permitting)
- Nature cruise in Milford Sound with informative and friendly wilderness guides
- Reserved seating and complimentary tea or coffee
- Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase on board)
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
Prepare for the activity
• During the summer season, the 9:30 AM departure will include morning tea, the 11:30 AM departure will include a buffet lunch, and the 1:30 PM departure will include a beer, wine, or soft drink
• During the winter season, the 9:30 AM departure will include morning tea, and the 11:30 AM departure will include a picnic lunch and hot soup
• Flights only operate if the conditions allow. If cancelled due to the weather, your booking can be postponed to the next available flying day. It is recommended that you book for your first available day in Queenstown so that you have maximum flexibility to change to a following fine weather day