Otago Wine Trail Bespoke Small Group Tour & Wine Cave
Pickup includedHotel pick-up and drop off is available from Queenstown and Arrowtown accommodation. Provide your accommodation details when booking and the local operator will confirm your pick-up details with confirmation.
- Enjoy a small group half-day Otago Wine Trail tour departing from Queenstown or Arrowtown
- Discover the largest Wine Cave in New Zealand on a guided tour
- Learn about the wine region and history with an experienced guide
- Sightsee in the heart of the Central Otago wine region
- Choose your own adventure with fun, flexible, and hassle-free options
After a complimentary hotel pick-up, set off for the heart of Gibbston. Journey into the ‘valley of the vines’ to discover these vineyards nestled amongst the spectacular mountain ranges and dramatic river gorges. Sample Pinot Noirs, aromatics and everything in between. Your day includes visits to four of the best cellar doors and a tour of New Zealand's largest Underground Wine Cave. Sample three varietals in the cave and a visit to the Home Block Vineyard, originally planted by the founder and wine pioneer Alan Brady in 1983.
Benefit from an intimate small group experience that permits time to explore all that the Central Otago wine district has to offer. There is no set routine, so every day is an adventure. The choice of the wineries visited will vary each day based on your individual group's dynamics. The overall focus is on high-quality wines as well as friendly and informative staff.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Experienced driver/guide
- Live, informative commentary
- Visit to four cellar doors
- Visit and tour of the Wine Cave with tasting of three varietals
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wine Tastings in 4 cellar doors of 20 wines
- Gourmet Vineyard lunch (if option selected)
- Vineyard platter or cheeseboard (if option selected)
- Professional photos
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• If meal option selected, please advise relevant dietary requirements - note that the menus vary depending on the winery
• The local partner will contact you after booking to confirm your pick-up time and location
• Please be aware that this tour has flexible departure times that might vary (usually between 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM). If you need to depart or be back at a specific time, please let the local supplier know with at least 36 hours in advance so that they can try to accommodate your requests.