Milford Sound Premium Day Tour and Cruise from Queenstown
Pick-up serviceYour Queenstown hotel. Pick-ups in Queenstown take approx. 30-40 minutes. Please be at the pick-up point at least 10 minutes prior to ensure you can spend the maximum amount of time enjoying your day trip.
- Marvel at the wildlife and beautiful vistas aboard a boat on Milford Sound
- Cruise in ultimate comfort in the saloons or on deck
- Make use of personalized pick-up from your accommodation in Queenstown
- Sit back and relax along the way on a custom built coach with extra legroom
- Stop multiple times on the way to Milford Sound for breathtaking photo opportunities
When you arrive in Te anau - your first stop of the day - enjoy a toilet break and time to grab something from the cafe. They have great coffee, muffins and snacks! Enjoy a stop at the mirror lakes, a beautiful 5 minute boardwalk through a rainforest and other photo opportunities that make your journey to Milford Sound even more special.
On arrival at Milford Sound you immediately proceed to the boat terminal, where your driver will give you your boat pass and direct you to your cruise boat. On boarding, make yourself comfortable in one of the saloons or catch the scenery from the decks.
Milford Sound is famous for its waterfalls, and if it's raining it's even more spectacular. The boats nudge right up to the base of the waterfalls, often challenging visitors to fill a glass of water from the cascading plumes! This luxury tour already has reserved window seating for you - so no need to worry about getting a seat! On board feel free to buy yourself snacks and sandwiches from the cafe or treat yourself to a buffet lunch!
The boats are often escorted by pods of dolphins, while seals bask on the rocks. Take in the stunning scenery while your skipper gets you as close as possible to the wildlife for some fantastic photos. The cruise will take you out to the point where the fiord meets the open sea, and it is here at Anita Bay that the Maori collected their sacred Pounamu or Greenstone – prized for making tools, jewelry and ornaments, and still a highly-valued stone today.
- Full Milford Sound cruise
- Tea and coffee on board the cruise
- Round-trip transport to and from your Queenstown hotel via luxury coach
- Live tour commentary provided in English on the coach
- Live tour commentary provided in English, Mandarin, Japanese and Korean on the cruise
- Multiple stops for beautiful photo opportunities on your way to Milford Sound
- Guide on the coach journey
- Meals not listed as inclusions
Prepare for the activity
• Glass roof, air conditioning, reclining seats, ample Leg Room
• Driver commentary (English), extensive photo stops
• Excellent PA and sound system
• Toilet equipped
• Safety Features - Emergency kit inclusing. satellite phone (emergency use only)
Cruise Vessel Features:
• 1 hour 45 minute cruise
• Seating at tables for everyone,
• Excellent viewing areas onboard, inside and on deck
• Time spent with wildlife while cruising.
• Excellent Photo opportunities
• Complimentary tea and coffee
• Full liquor facilities
• English commentary throughout the cruise
• Snack lunch available
Bring warm clothes (in winter), sunglasses and a camera. As the tour leaves early it is suggested you bring a breakfast pack with you for the coach journey.