Queenstown: Milford Sound Coach, Cruise, Observatory & Lunch
Pickup optionalPick-up and drop off is available from central Queenstown hotels by prior arrangement. Please provide your accommodation details and the local operator will confirm your pick-up details after booking. Note that your pick-up time may be earlier than the tour start time.
- Encounter Milford Sound on a day trip from Queenstown
- Enjoy a more intimate experience with a smaller group
- Discover the scenic alpine Milford Road
- Cruise beneath towering waterfalls and along the length of the fiord
- Visit New Zealand's only floating underwater observatory
- Savor a freshly prepared picnic lunch
Journey through spectacular landscapes as your experienced, local coach driver provides engaging and informative commentary. Pause at Te Anau for morning tea (at own expense). Enjoy a short walk down the Milford Road for photo stops.
Arrive at Milford Sound and relax on a nature cruise with a freshly prepared picnic lunch onboard. Get within touching distance of impressive rock walls and up close to Stirling Falls. Specialist nature guides will share their local knowledge with lively and informative commentary.
Visit Milford Sound Underwater Observatory along the way. Descend 60 steps down a spiral staircase into a spacious viewing chamber to discover the unique and beautiful environment hidden under the surface of Milford Sound. Cruise back to the Milford Sound Visitor Centre to rejoin the coach for the return journey to Queenstown.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from selected locations (depending on option booked)
- Transport in smaller coach with spacious and comfortable seats
- Free WiFi and USB charging ports on the coach
- English commentary from your experienced coach driver
- Milford Sound small boat cruise
- Freshly prepared picnic lunch
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
Prepare for the activity
• Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit. The landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls
• All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels
• Reservations may be amended to another date or time, subject to space and availability
• It is an approximate 5-hour drive each way from Queenstown. Scenic flights are available on request for the return journey, weather permitting
• In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel the activity at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or maintenance