Milford Sound Coach, Cruise & Kayak + Lunch from Queenstown
- Explore Milford Road on a glass-roof coach with informative and engaging commentary from your driver
- Cruise beneath towering waterfalls and along the length of the fiord
- Enjoy an hour of relaxed kayaking around sheltered Harrison Cove
- Descend 10-metres below the surface at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- Savor a freshly prepared kiwi-style buffet lunch onboard the cruise along with complimentary tea and coffee
On arrival to Milford Sound, join a 2-hour Nature Cruise and enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared buffet lunch onboard. Discover native wildlife, towering waterfalls and majestic mountains on an extended cruise. Travel on a purpose-built cruising catamaran with large windows and expansive outdoor decks, perfect for panoramic viewing. Get within touching distance of impressive rock walls and close enough to feel the full force of the powerful 15,000-year-old Stirling Falls. Specialist nature guides will share their local knowledge with lively and informative commentary.
Depart your cruise at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory for your small group kayak experience. The activity is suitable for all levels, no previous kayaking experience is necessary! All equipment, safety briefing and a specialist kayak guide are included. Kayak in one of the most majestic places in the world in an incredible and up close nature experience.
Afterwards, experience the magic of this special marine reserve at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory. Enjoy an interactive learning experience about the wildlife, geology, and history of the fiord. Descend 60 steps down a spiral staircase into a spacious viewing chamber to discover the unique and beautiful environment hidden under the surface of Milford Sound. Then, cruise back to the Milford Sound visitor terminal and rejoin the comfortable coach for the return journey to Queenstown.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from selected locations (on request)
- Transport in premium glass-roof coach with spacious and comfortable seats
- Free WiFi and USB charging ports on the coach
- English commentary from your experienced coach driver
- 2-hour Milford Sound cruise
- Kiwi-style buffet lunch on the cruise
- Complimentary tea and coffee on the cruise
- 1-hour kayaking experience with all equipment
- Entry ticket to Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
Prepare for the activity
• Pick-up can be arranged from selected Queenstown hotels on request.
• Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit. The landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls.
• The minimum age for kayaking is 5 years, children under 14 years must kayak in a double kayak with an adult.
• All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels.
• Reservations may be amended to another date or time, subject to space and availability.
• It is an approximate 5-hour drive each way from Queenstown. Scenic flights are available on request for the return journey, weather permitting.
• In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel the activity at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or maintenance.