Viana do Castelo: 1-day Guided Tour from Porto
- Discover the charm and history of Viana do Costelo
- Get to know the city's culture and heritage by visiting places such as the Costume Museum and the Gil Eanes museum
- Taste the local tapas, and have glass of "Vinho Verde," the delightful wine made exclusively in the Minho region
Upon arriving in Viana do Castelo, hop aboard one of the city’s famous funicular railways. As the cable-led train leads you up the slope to the top of Monte de Santa Luzia, take a moment to admire the breathtaking views of the cityscape. Then visit the imposing sanctuary that rests at the summit of the mountain.
Return to the historical center of town and get to know the locals as your guide points out sites of historic, cultural, and gastronomic interest. Take a peek into Viana’s Costume Museum. Check out the Gil Eanes museum. This unique institution used to be a hospital ship but now has been lovingly restored and made open to the public as both a museum and youth hostel.
For lunch, stop at a local restaurant and taste traditional Portuguese tapas. Afterward, treat your palate to a glass of delicious Vinho Verde. This delicious wine is made exclusively in Portugal’s Minho region, and is known for its light and fresh flavor– a must-try for any traveler. After a day of pleasant discovery, you’ll be returned to your hotel in Porto.
- Traditional lunch
- Funicular ride ticket
- Wine tasting
- Comfortable transportation
- Courtesy water bottle
- Local Guide
- Tickets to monuments
- Other personal expenses
When you get there
Pick-up available from centrally located hotels in Porto. Please be in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before pick-up time. There will be an additional fee for pick-up and drop off from outside the Porto city centerOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• A vegetarian option is available. Please specify if you would like this option at the time of your booking
• If a member of your group has limited mobility please specify so beforehand, so that their needs can be accommodated for
• This tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide