Porto: Guided 3-Hour Best of Tour by Segway
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage district of Porto on a Segway
- Take a classic Segway tour of Porto to see all its main sites and historic neighborhoods
- Segway down the Avenida dos Aliados, one of Porto's most important streets
- See the opulently decorated Café Majectic
- Take a secret challenge at São Bento train station
- Admire the magnificent Romanesque architecture of the Sé do Porto
After a brief training session on the self-balancing vehicles, follow your guide and head towards the Miragaia neighborhood; location of Porto’s ancient walls.
As you tour, your guide will describe Porto’s origin as a pre-Roman settlement, talk about Roman times, and how Portugal was reconquered from the Moors in 868, restoring the city of Portucale.
See attractions such as Clérigos Tower, the bell tower of the Baroque Igreja dos Clérigos (Church of the Clergymen); once Portugal’s tallest structure.
See the metal span of Dom Luis Bridge over the River Douro, and admire the magnificent Romanesque Cathedral (Sé do Porto), towering over the city’s historical center point.
- Segway equipment, including helmets, raincoats etc.
- Segway training
- Local taxes and fees
- Coffee break
- Other food and beverages
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Please contact supplier for groups of more than 10 participants
• You must be over 14 years old to ride a Segway. Under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult
• Participants must weigh a minimum of 100 pounds and not exceed 260 pounds (45-118 kilograms)
• The following people may not participate in this activity: pregnant women, anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs or anyone who has had surgery recently
• This tour still operates in the rain so please check the weather conditions and dress accordingly. The local operator provides ponchos if needed