Vinho Verde Tour with Wine Tastings and Lunch from Porto
- Visit the historic center of Ponte de Lima and enjoy a tasting of typical pastries
- Visit a wine estate in Melgaço and have a tasting of Vinho Verde Alvarinho
- Taste smoked sausages paired with Red Vinho Verde
- Enjoy a regional lunch in Melgaco
Your tour starts in Porto and point north, toward the Vinho Verde region.
Your first stop will be at Ponte de Lima. Here, explore the historic center and walk into a pastry shop for some typical pastries tasting.
Now, travel to Melgaço, the most northern municipality of Portugal and one of the two Sub-regions where the Alvarinho is King. Here, visit one of the most famous wine estates of the region which is still family run and produces nectars of excellence since 1982. After the visit stop at a typical restaurant where you will have a delicious regional lunch waiting for you. Here, have the chance of tasting some smoked sausages paired with some red Vinho Verde!
Then, with your bellies filled and your energy restored, travel to Monção to get to know the other half of this Sub-region. Here you will meet a family run wine estate where the traditions stand as a homage to their ancestors, but also high tech is applied to produce the best wines. By the end of the day, you will be dropped off at your accommodation or any other place in Porto town center that you prefer.
- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation or any place that you prefer in the Center of Porto
- Tour made in 5-9 seater vehicle with air conditioning
- Visit to the historic center of Ponte de Lima and tasting of typical pastries
- Visit to a wine estate in Melgaço and tasting of Vinho Verde Alvarinho
- Tasting of smoked sausages paired with red Vinho Verde
- Regional lunch in Melgaço with local wine
- Visit to a wine estate in Monção and tasting of Vinho Verde Alvarinho
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up and drop off outside of Porto (an extra fee applies, paid to the guide on the day)
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• Minimum numbers apply, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required