Portland: The Simpsons Bike Tour
- Visit Simpsons creator Matt Groening’s old high school and track down the Bart Simpson “graffitied” into the sidewalk
- Embark on a 14-mile bike ride through fun photo ops through Groening's old stomping grounds
- Discuss namesake characters, learn back stories of the originals, and learn how Portland has impacted, and been influenced by, the show
- Visit (and sample) Homer's favorite donuts
Come along on a 14-mile bike ride that explores physical ties to the show, like the Bart Simpson drawing etched into the sidewalk near Groening's high school, and the streets that give many characters their names. The ride also connects to the culture of the city as it has influenced, and been influenced by, the show. Visit the donut culture in the city, entirely developed during the show's run, as well as the skateboard culture, which had its origins around the time the show began.
Like no other tour, you will examine the great (and weird) true stories behind the origins of Krusty the Clown, Kwik-E-Mart, Krusty Burger, Jebediah Springfield and Manhattan Shelbyville, Moe's Tavern, and Lisa's flirtations with vegetarianism and Buddhism. Full of photo ops, fun facts, prank calls and of course donuts, this tour tells a story of a city and its most famous TV offspring... The Simpsons.
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Reusable water bottle
- People who can't ride a bike
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is between Salmon and Main Streets on 7th Avenue; 1210 SE 7th Ave, Portland, OR 97214, USA. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts to be fitted for a bicycle and helmet.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable clothes