Portland's Eastside Craft Brewery Walking Tour
- Taste beer in many styles, sampling the evolution of Portland's beer culture in a small group setting
- Explore this industrial waterfront neighborhood rich with food and art on a 2-mile walk
- Learn about the development of beer in Portland and the US in this conversational, personalized tour
Walk into the hotbed of beer, through the neighborhood that borders the Willamette River and allow your guide to personally select breweries representing a trip through the Oregon's brew past, present and future—and the whole US. Follow your guide through the Eastside, where you'll find an assortment of beers to satisfy your personal preferences, like sours, craft barrel-aging, Belgians, wits, imperial IPAs, and more.
Walking distance will be 2-3 miles (3-5 kilometers), with just enough beer tasting so you'll know which stop you'd like to return to. At each brewery, your guide will lead you through the choices and let you select your favorites, offering you recommendations for a classic experience, or customized the tasting to fit your likes and dislikes. Cider options are available at each brewery for gluten-free or wheat-free tour guests, and the route is mostly flat so the walk is appropriate for all abilities.
This craft brewery walking tour is conversational in style; your guide is eager to share beer knowledge as well as a window into the culture of this neighborhood, one which has supported the city's street artists, skateboarders, brewmasters, food innovators, and a number of other unique parts of the city's evolution from an afterthought to a sought-after destination for tourists worldwide.
- Beer samples at each brewery (with cider option)
- Locally made snacks at one brewery stop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• In autumn, winter and spring, rain gear is recommended.
• Participants looking to partake in the beer tastings must be able to prove they are over 21 years of age.