Portland: Downtown Ghost Tour
- Learn about a 19th century murder and its connection to Portland's Shanghai Tunnels
- Listen to local eyewitness accounts of famous ghost hauntings in an underground cigar room
- Visit a haunted hotel to hear about a number of paranormal experiences
Make your way to the meeting point at Lan Su Chinese Garden and look out for your guide, who will be carrying a lantern. Begin immediately with the obscure history of the City of Roses before embarking on a haunted route to 8 locations in the surrounding downtown area. Head to the waterfront, then walk the dark streets to the Old Town Pizza to hear researched stories and eyewitness accounts of personal hauntings in Portland's morbid and mysterious past.
From there, the tour only gets spookier as you visit The Shanghai Tunnels to see a firsthand reminder of Portland’s shady past where men were kidnapped or “Shanghaied” and sold to ship's captains in need of sailors, and women were captured and forced into illicit work. Learn about an entire network of vice and illicit trade that began to use these tunnels for gambling, opium dens, prostitution, and kidnapping.
Your guide will then choose from some of the other most haunted locations and take you to them to deliver, in gripping detail, the history and eyewitness accounts of hauntings and paranormal activity. Finally, make your way back to the final stop at Lan Su Chinese Garden, where your guide can give you a final recap of Portland's strange activity, answer any ghost questions you might have, and check out and exchange any paranormal pictures and activity caught on camera.
- 1-hour walking tour
- Experienced guide
- Photo opportunities through the tour
- Well-researched and updated stories of history
- Eyewitness accounts of paranormal activity
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- EMF detectors and ghost plushes (available to purchase)
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the activity starts
• Please bring an umbrella if the weather calls for it as tours run rain or shine
• Please use the restroom before the tour as the tour will start right on time
• You may bring a dog if it is kept on a leash