Portland: Mount St. Helens Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from Downtown Portland hotels or the Cruise Terminal
- Enjoy hiking and spelunking opportunities at Mount St. Helens
- Go to the largest lava tube in the US
- Learn more about the area's geology at the visitor centers of the Blast Zone
- See the site of the largest landslide in recorded human history
- Learn how volcanoes are monitored
Try spelunking at Ape Cave, the largest continuous lava tube in the continental United States, and explore the visitor centers in and around the Blast Zone. Stop to take scenic photos while your naturalist guide presents dramatic evidence of how the ecosystem is recovering from the 1980 eruption, and see how the reforestation project is progressing.
Just 5 miles from the crater, at Johnston Ridge Observatory visitor center, take in stunning views of the steaming volcano, the growing lava dome, and the world's youngest glacier.
Your guide will share the drama of the geological events surrounding the eruption, telling stories as you walk. Learn how volcanoes are monitored and discover how Mount St. Helens has taught new answers to old mysteries, all the while keeping an eye out for deer, elk, beavers, otters, and an array of birds.
- Pick-up and drop off at Downtown Portland hotels or the Cruise Terminal
- Naturalist guide
- Transportation in adventure-outfitted luxury Mercedes Van or Crossover
- Local and/or organic lunch
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Entry fees
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please advise of any allergies or dietary restrictions