Bike Portland: Bridges, Doughnuts, Parks and Roses
- Ride over bike-friendly bridges and along the Willamette River
- See the city and its public art from every angle, up close and from panoramic viewpoints
- Smell roses, taste doughnuts, read poetry, touch the river, and learn the neighborhood secrets from your bike tour guide
This tour begins in the inner Eastside neighborhoods, where you will be fitted for an easy-to-ride bike and helmet, ready for a low-key 9-11 mile ride (15-18 kilometers). Your guide will lead your group into the southeast Portland neighborhood of Ladd's Addition where you’ll visit a total of five of the city's quadrants, ride over two bridges, and along the Willamette River. You will visit semi-secret beaches, examine unique modes of transportation, see public art of every shape, color and texture. Enjoy the opportunity to try local favorite donuts (not from Voodoo).
This ride is both like a poem and filled with poetry: you will read poetry written on murals, on sidewalks, and carved into rocks. Along the tour, you will have the opportunity to photograph and explore public art, poetry, parks and beaches; and learn about all of the modes of Portland's transportation up close.
- High-quality city bicycle and helmet
- Reusable water bottle
- People who can't ride a bike
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Doughnuts will be available for purchase (shop schedule allowing)