Best of Pompeii Tour: Unveiling the Buried City
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii with an expert archaeologist guide
- Stroll down the well-preserved streets of the Roman Empire
- Discover the remains of baths, villas, shops and even brothels
- See an old Roman "supermarket"
- Visit the Temple of Apollo
- Walk along the city walls and get a panoramic view of Naples and Capri
Led by an official Pompeii tour guide, most of whom are trained archaeologists, you will wander the fully-preserved streets of Pompeii and visit the most interesting and emotional sights from a city that was buried under the massive eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD.
Skip the long lines to enter the ruins, and stroll past the remains of shops, temples, public baths, and houses that comprised the once thriving city. Hear fascinating stories about life in the Roman Republic, and see how ordinary people lived nearly 2,000 years ago.
See the remains of Roman bakery where the food is still almost intact. Go to the Temple of Apollo and Roman Forum, along with an ancient supermarket and an old cemetery. Marvel at the eerie and heart-wrenching plaster casts of those caught in the eruption at the exact moment of their death. You can also go to one of the old brothels (if appropriate for your group), and stroll along the old city walls for panoramic views of Naples.
Touring in a small group of no more than 15 people, you will never struggle to hear your guide and will have plenty of time to ask any questions you might have. The expert guides have dedicated their lives to the study of this city, and no one else is better qualifies to introduce you to this jewel of world heritage.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to Pompeii
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
This tour will meet by the info/ ticket kiosk on the left hand side of the Circumvesuviana train stop Villa dei Misteri when exiting it. Just around the corner, you will see a ticket office. You will meet just outside.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after the tour starts
• Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair or stroller-friendly
• This activity is for small groups of no more than 15 people