From Naples: Stunning Pompeii Half-Day with Private Transfer
- Discover one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world, the stunning Pompeii
- Explore the amphitheater, the Temple of Iside and other historical attractions
- Learn about the history of this lost town and the terrible eruption of Vesuvius
- Enjoy a comfortable private transfer from Naples aboard an elegant air-conditioned vehicle
Maybe you didn't already know, but much of the site's value lies in the fact that the town wasn't simply blown away by Vesuvius in 79 AD but buried under a layer of lapilli (burning fragments of pumice stone). The result is a remarkably well-preserved slice of ancient life, where you can walk down Roman streets and snoop around millennia-old houses, temples, shops, cafes, amphitheaters and even a brothel.
Pompeii was rediscovered in 1748, when excavations began, and through the different centuries more and more parts of the city have been unearthed.
Watch your step as you go around visiting the temples and theatres, as excavations continually take place in the site and you might even discover something that is yet unknown.
- Private return transfer from Naples in an air-conditioned, comfortable vehicle (approximately 1 hour in total)
- Entrance fee to Pompeii archaeological site
- Tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 78 - 80142 Naples. Your driver will be waiting for you in front of the little police stand ("polizia municipale"), just next to the underground stairs.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be canceled and you will be given a full refund
• Please note that this trip doesn't include a tour guide, neither during the car transfer nor on the site. You can decide whether to book a tour guide once in Pompeii or you can explore the site on your own