Private Pompeii Tour with 3D Virtual Reality Headsets
- Journey through the archaeological site of Pompeii in 3D
- Step back in time on an immersive history tour
- Choose from a morning or afternoon tour
- Experience an everyday city of the Roman Empire from a new perspective
Get a 5-minute training session on how to use the headsets. Then, go inside the archaeological site with a local guide to experience the former city in 3D. See what it looked like 2,000 ago before it was destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Stroll around the temples, homes, shops, theaters and markets and marvel as they come to life before your eyes! Get answers to your questions and additional commentary from your guide.
Health and Safety Warning:
• Please consult a doctor before taking this tour if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
• Some people may experience severe dizziness, seizures, epileptic seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns while using the headsets. Such seizures are more common in children and young people under the age of 20. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before taking the tour
• Children under 13 years old are not advised to use the headsets. Parents allowing their children to use the headsets do so at their own risk and are fully responsible for their safety, health and well-being. Use of the headsets could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of the headsets for any decrease in these abilities.
• Please note that the content viewed on the headsets may consist of up to 17 short scenes, each lasting between 2 to 6 minutes with breaks of between 5 to 15 minutes. You are instructed to stand still while viewing the content on the headsets, and walking around is prohibited.
• A comfortable tour experience using your headset requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Using the headsets when you are tired, need sleep, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are hung-over, have digestive problems, are under emotional stress or anxiety, or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines or ear ache, increases your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
• Listening to sound at high volumes can cause irreparable damage to your hearing. Background noise, as well as continued exposure to high volume levels, can make sounds seem quieter than they actually are. Due to the immersive nature of the headsets used, do not have the sound at a high volume so that you can maintain awareness of your surroundings and reduce the risk of hearing damage.
Please also read the Health and Safety information at https://static.oculus.com/documents/gear-vr-health-and-safety-warnings-en.pdf before booking this tour.
- Local guide (with degrees in history and archaeology)
- Virtual reality headsets with commentary (available in English, Italian, German, French, Spanish and Russian)
- Entrance fee
- Transportation to and from the attractions (convenient and inexpensive trains are available at regular times throughout the day and evening)
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• The use of 3D virtual reality headsets is not recommended for children under 13 years old. Parents can permit children between 9 and 12 years old to use the 3D headsets at their own discretion
• Children under 9 years old can join the tour free of charge, but they are not permitted to use the headsets
• Headsets can not be shared due to excessive battery drainage and overheating of the device
• Wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking over uneven terrain
• Please avoid bringing bags, pocketbooks and backpacks as much as possible. You can wear a lightweight bag across your shoulder
• Tours operate rain or shine