Pompeii: Small-Group Pompeii and Herculaneum Tour
- Travel back in time to 2,000 years ago with an archaeologist
- Walk through the ruins with a small group of up to 15 people
- Avoid the long lines with skip-the-line tickets
During the infamous eruption, Pompeii and its inhabitants were buried by tons of pumice and volcanic ash, which preserved many things and materials in amazing conditions. Following your tour in Pompeii, you will have time to grab some lunch, or to stroll through the souvenir shops outside the ruins.
Afterwards, take the Circumesuviana train leading to Ercolano (a 20 minute trip), where you will start your walk through the ruins. There, discover that Herculaneum is much smaller, but better preserved than Pompeii. While Pompeii had been covered in four meters of ashes, an avalanche of mud 20 meters thick had buried Herculaneum. Second floors of the buildings, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings, and mosaics are still preserved and on display. The site gives a vivid impression of the opulent lifestyle which was enjoyed by the wealthier citizens of the Roman Empire.
- Guidance and assistance for the whole tour
- Pompeii admission fee
- Herculaneum admission fee
- One-way Circumvesuviana train ticket from Pompeii to Herculaneum
- Pickup and drop off service
- Meals and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the main gate of Pompeii, Porta Marina Superiore, Via Villa dei Misteri 2. Your guide will wait by the gate, just in front of the bar-restaurant Hortus with a lot of lemons and oranges hanging outside. The guide will have a sign with Askos Tours written on it. The meeting point is just few steps away the Circumvesuviana train station Pompei-Villa dei Misteri.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Bring sunglasses, a hat, and water in the summer