Philadelphia Markets, Mosaics and Magic Small Group Tour
- Discover the hidden gems of some of the most historic neighborhoods in the country
- Admire Isaiah Zagar’s beautiful one-of-a-kind mosaics at Magic Gardens
- Wander among the colorful stalls and enjoy the tastes of the shops, cafes, and restaurants at the world-famous Italian Market
- Get to know the real South Philly from a local perspective
The market is the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in America, and you’ll soon understand why it is one of Philly’s must-see attractions. Tempt your taste buds as you wander past the myriad of local stores carrying everything from cheese, chocolate, spices, and olive oils, to the best bakeries, butcher shops, and produce stalls. Take the time to mix with business owners and residents, taste some samples, and hear stories of early immigrants to the city. It was also here that Rocky ran through the streets on one of his famous training runs — feel free to recreate this scene yourself!
You'll continue this Philadelphia city tour with Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, which showcases the mosaic art of Isaiah Zagar. This amazing place includes a fully mosaicked indoor gallery and a massive outdoor labyrinthine mosaic structure. Here your guide will fill you in on the local tales of this area, giving you the opportunity to ask them any questions you may have about this classic Philly spot.
From the Magic Gardens, you’ll either take a stroll or catch a local bus down Philly’s eclectic and dynamic South Street. Get your counter-culture fix here, and, in the spirit of being a bona fide local on South Street, you can make an appointment for your new Urban Adventures tattoo.
Get your counterculture fix on South Street, and in the spirit of being a bona fide local here, you can make an appointment for your new tattoo. You’ll then have a chance to ask your local guide where you should eat, drink, and shop after the tour.
- English-speaking guide
- Food samples
- Admission to the Mosaic Gallery
- Personal Shopping
Prepare for the activity
• This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12
• A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Make sure to check the weather report for rain!
• Cancellations within 48 hours of tour departure are non-refundable