Versailles Palace & Gardens Skip-the-line Tour from Paris
Pick-up serviceThere are 3 pickup points: Gare du Nord (facing the bakery) at 10:10; Opéra (Louis Pion boutique) at 10:30; or Champs-Elysées/Etoile (next to the traffic lights) at 10:50.
- Enjoy priority entrance at the Palace of Versailles
- Choose for one of 3 departure points in Paris
- Learn about court life before the French Revolution
- Follow in the footsteps of the notorious "Sun King"
- Explore the gardens and water features designed by André Le Notre
Upon arrival at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed monument, journey back to the days pre-French Revolution and re-discover the opulence the French monarchy enjoyed before they were overthrown by the people. Go to the dazzling Hall of Mirrors, and the opulent State Apartments. Follow in the footsteps of Louis XIV ("The Sun King"), and stroll among gardens designed by André Le Notre at your own pace.
A trilingual host will escort you to the château, where an informative audio guide available in 11 languages delves deep into the heart of court life. Learn how the Palace of Versailles grew from a hunting lodge for Louis XIII before his son Louis XIV transformed and expanded it, moving the court and government of France to Versailles in 1682.
Look from the central window of the Hall of Mirrors to the Water Parterre on the horizon. On Tuesdays, and at weekends, your ticket includes the legendary musical fountains show. Watch as the water features light up in a dazzling spectacle to complete your day of Versailles excess!
Then, transfer back to Paris for a drop off on the Champs-Elysées/Etoile or at the Opéra House of Paris.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Tri-lingual tour host/escort
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach, with pick-ups from various points in Paris
- Audio guide (available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese)
- Musical Gardens and Fountain Show (included on Tuesdays and weekends from April to October)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
When you get there
Gare du Nord, 83 Rue de Maubeuge (facing the bakery) at 10:10; or Opéra, 11 rue Auber, facing boutique Louis Pion at 10:30; or Champs-Elysées/Etoile, 2 Avenue Foch (next to the traffic lights) at 10:50Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that the musical gardens show is only available on Tuesdays. The fountains show is only available on Saturdays and Sundays (summer only)
• This tour involves a moderate amount of walking. Due to uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• You are strongly advised not to wear high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
• Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
• Children must be accompanied by an adult