Guided Visit of Notre Dame and Ile de la Cité
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of Notre Dame and Ile de la Cité
- Walk around Ile de la Cité, the center of medieval and Gothic Paris
- Enjoy fantastic views of Paris from the top of the towers (if option selected)
- Explore the Notre Dame Cathedral, a stunning Gothic masterpiece dating back to the 12th century
Inhabited since Roman times, the Ile De la Cité is a perfect introduction to the beauty and splendor of Paris, lying at the heart of its gorgeous, bustling streets.
Here you will see why Victor Hugo selected the Notre Dame as the setting for his widely acclaimed novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Building began on the Notre Dame Cathedral in 1163 but was not completed until 1345. History will unfold before you as your guide recounts the amazing story of the Notre Dame from its beginning through to the current day.
With flying buttresses, menacing gargoyles, soaring spires, a monumental organ and imposing bell towers, the gothic architecture creates an ambience that is as beautiful as it is ominous.
Inside the cathedral, you will see the 13th century stained glass windows that line the cathedral and marvel at the three portals that show scenes from the life of the Virgin Mary, the Last Judgment and the life of St. Anne, the Virgin Mary's mother.
For a dramatic finish, skip the line and climb the 387 steps to the Notre Dame bell towers (if option selected) for a gargoyle’s-eye-view of Paris.
- Tour guide
- Audio-sets to hear your guide better
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Notre Dame Towers (if option booked)
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up service
When you get there
Meeting point is at the statue of Henri IV, in the middle of Pont Neuf- at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of Paris. The statue is of a man on a horse sitting in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite (4)Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated, unfortunately. Strollers or baby carriages also cannot come on group tours
• Please note that on some occasions Notre Dame may be closed at the last minute for religious services and events. In this case customers will be offered a free re-booking of this tour or a full refund
• The guides will be holding a sign at the meeting point for easy recognition