Eiffel Tower Guided Climb with Optional Summit Access
- Get the fastest entry by avoiding the long elevator lines at the Eiffel Tower and climb up 704 steps to the second level
- See a side of the Eiffel Tower that you would miss from the elevator
- Hear interesting stories about Gustave Eiffel and his most famous creation
- Get a bird's eye tour of Paris from high in the sky
- Get access to the elevator for the trip down
- Upgrade to access the Summit after your guided climb
Take a moment to stand at the center of the iron structure and look up. Your guide will secure tickets for the group then skip the long elevator lines (there may still be a queue for the stairs) and enter the tower to climb up 704 steps over 30 flights. Catch your breath at the provided rest stops and see a side of the Eiffel Tower you would miss if you ascended by elevator. Hear more about the young engineer, entrepreneur and great builder, Gustave Eiffel, including details of his life after the building opened.
Upon arrival at the first level, take a well-earned break. Stand on the new glass floor, and experience the world of the tower via a multimedia interactive exhibit and short film, if time permits. Grab your "Follow Gus" booklet to enjoy some fun for the whole family, or enjoy a snack or rest before you continue on your way.
En route to the second level, hear little-known fun facts about the tower's original color, twinkling lights and individuals who made history with their daredevil stunts. Upon arrival at the second level, experience a unique sense of accomplishment, and take in the bird's eye views of all the sights surrounding you. Get a bird's eye tour of Paris with your feet far from the ground as your guide tells you about monuments and districts such as Montparnasse, Les Invalides, the Sacre-Coeur, Notre Dame, the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysées.
If you purchase the Summit Access option, you will purchase a ticket for the lift to the tower's summit and continue your adventure on your own. Once there, see Gustave Eiffel’s office, restored to its original condition along with panoramic maps. Go to the Champagne Bar and treat yourself to some bubbles in the sky. When you are ready, simply take the elevator back down to street level and continue with your day!
Please note that there can be a wait to clear the security line, as this is unavoidable. There can be a wait for the line to climb the stairs during the busy season. However, this wait will be far shorter than the wait for the elevators. Please note that the earliest morning option has the least wait. Please do expect wait for later times. Wait time will vary. For least amount of wait, please select the 8:45 AM or 9:15 AM option.
- English-speaking guide
- Elevator ride back down
- Entrance ticket to the Eiffel Tower and avoid the long elevator lines
- Ticket to the summit (if option booked)
- Elevator ticket to go up the Eiffel Tower
- Ticket to the summit (if option not booked)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Eiffel Tower Jules Verne Restaurant, South Leg of Eiffel Tower, Ground Level. Arrive 30 minutes earlier than your departure time to get through the security line to reach the check-in point on time. Please note that Jules Verne is inside security point. Your concierge will be holding a yellow sign that reads "Guided Eiffel Climb Tour".Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• This activity operates regardless of the weather conditions
• Dress appropriately for the weather as the activity takes place outdoors
• Please note, there will be longer wait time during busy season
• Please note that Summit access may be subject to last minute closures according to safety measures or maintenance at the Eiffel Tower. In the case of closure of the Summit, the portion of your tour price for the upgrade will be refunded if you have booked the option that includes Summit access
• Please note that there can be a wait to clear the security line
• Although there can be a line to climb the stairs during high season, it will be far shorter than the line for the elevators
• The earliest morning option will have the shortest waiting time