Medieval Paris: Notre Dame Island with Sainte Chapelle Tour
- Stroll through Ile de la Cité, the heart of Paris
- View the exterior of gothic Notre Dame Cathedral and the inside of Sainte Chapelle with skip-the-line access
- Ensure your visit has a positive impact as €2 from your booking will be donated to the Notre Dame Restoration Fund
- Spend over 1.5-hours discovering what these World Heritage Gothic cathedrals on the island can tell you about medieval Paris
- Listen to the commentary of your guide in a small group of 15 people or less
On this 2.5-hour tour you’ll hear about gruesome history, revolutionary rivalries, and romantic interludes as your English-speaking guide entertains and educates you with colorful expert commentary.
With your guide, you’ll see the famed Notre Dame Cathedral, admiring its Gothic style from the outside. See for yourself why Victor Hugo chose this monument as the setting for his widely-acclaimed novel, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Listen to the intriguing backstory of how this captivating cathedral came to be. Your guide will tell you about the history and mysteries of this infamous landmark, from the days of antiquity to the present.
Next you'll continue on to the nearby Sainte Chapelle, where you’ll be whisked past the crowds with your skip-the-line access and straight into this hidden wonder of Paris. Another Gothic masterpiece, this former chapel of King Louis IX, also known as Saint Louis, was built in 1248.
The chapel features over 6,500 square feet of 13th-century stained glass, the majority of the originals having been recently restored. Dazzling in color, this is a sparkling Parisian gem not to be missed.
Please note, due to the fire at Notre Dame on April 15, 2019 this tour's itinerary may be modified.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small group experience of 15 people or less
- Sainte Chapelle admission ticket and skip-the-line access
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Includes a €2.00 donation to the Notre-Dame Cathedral restoration fund
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the statue of Henri IV in the middle of Pont Neuf, at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of the river. The statue is of a man on a horse in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite (4).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• It isn't possible to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. This also applies to strollers or baby carriages
• Admission to religious sites is subject to a strict dress code. Both men and women must have their knees and shoulders covered. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry in this case
• Entrance to religious sites has a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for men & women