From Paris: Battle of Arras & Vimy Ridge Day Tour by Minibus
Pickup optionalPickup at your hotel in the center of Paris (except 75019 and 75020)
- Visit Canadian Memorial Park at Vimy
- Discover Vimy Trenches and explore the famous Vimy Ridge Tunnels
- See Cabaret Rouge Cemetery in Souchez
- Enjoy free time in Arras
- Join a small group on a comfy air conditioned minibus
Stop off for a exploration of The Artois where the gently rolling landscape is full of reminders of the bloody battles fought there. Visit a site of major significance to Canadians, The Canadian National Commemorative Park at Vimy. Here, see many scars on the land such as trenches, mine craters, and ridge tunnels which were used to shelter Allied troops as they came under fire from German artillery.
The strategic value of Vimy Ridge and its famous network of tunnels made it a strategic possession, and the German occupation of Vimy Ridge was a major threat to any advance in the Somme region. The British- and Canadian-led battle took possession back during April 1917.
Also enjoy free time in the beautiful historical town of Arras.
As the day progresses major sites such as the Cabaret Rouge Cemetery in Souchez will be revealed, all reminders of those other soldiers, from Britain, France, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries who also contributed and fought to give us the peace we enjoy today. This tour will give you the opportunity to honor all those who gave up their lives.
- Time to discover famous sites, including, Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Cabaret Rouge Cemetery, Arras..
- Free Time in Arras for lunch
- Transport by Air-Conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop off (with private option)
- Optional Gratuities
- Pick-up and drop off (with public option)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• No cancellations, modifications or refunds 5 days prior to the scheduled date