Versailles Palace & Gardens: 3-Hour Guided Tour
- Stroll through the famous Gardens of Versailled over 1,800 acres in size
- Save time with skip-the-line access, taking the hassle out of your Versailles visit
- See the most important rooms of the Palace of Versailles with an expert guide
Meet your English-speaking guide in Versailles where you'll begin your tour. With a maximum of 20 persons per group, your tour of Versailles will be intimate, unrushed and enjoyable. Skip-the-line with a pre-booked entrance to Versailles where your guide will lead you from one marvelous room to the next, pointing out where Louis XIV tormented his friends and family with long, boring ceremonies and where Marie Antoinette ate her cake.
Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the largest and most beautiful estates in the world with 700 rooms. Peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the highlights of the palace. Stand in awe of the King and Queen's apartments, the chapel, the coronation room, the Hall of Mirror and the Salon of Abundance. Following the interior tour, burst into the sunlight to encounter the ground's dazzling and manicured gardens with over 1,800 acres.
On Thursdays, you'll have a tour of the gardens and some free time to wander or, when booking, choose a tour date when either the famous Versailles Fountain Shows or Musical Gardens are running. Watch the fountains explode to the sounds of a cello for the Fountain Shows or be enchanted by the simple beauty of classical music during the Musical Gardens event. The ticket to these shows will be included in your tour price.
When you're ready to leave, hop on the next train back to the city. As the train chugs along, reflect on the day of pure indulgence, slowly bringing yourself back through the centuries to modern-day Paris.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups (maximum 20 persons)
- Entrance tickets and reservation fee for the Palace of Versailles
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from Paris
- Food and beverages
When you get there
Meet your guide by the statue of Louis XIV (the bronze horseman statue in the Place d’Armes, the square in front of the palace). // Arriving by train: Take the RER C to Versailles Château Rive Gauche. On exiting the station, follow the signs for the Palace of the Versailles. The statue is directly in front of the palace. // GPS coordinates: 48.803383, 2.125610.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This service ends at the Palace of Versailles
• Comfortable shoes are recommended as this tour involves a fair amount of walking
• Guests with wheelchairs, strollers, baby carriages or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour
• Photography is permitted throughout the tour (no flash inside)
• Please note that Musical Gardens and Fountain show may be subject to last minute schedule changes that are not under the supplier's control