Undiscovered Cotswolds Private Driving Tour
Pickup includedThe starting time for the tour is flexible. Collection is from anywhere in the Northern Cotswolds area including Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon. The tour is ideal for a day trip from London and the most cost/time effective option is to take a direct train from London Paddington to Charlbury station. If you have any questions about transfers from outside of the Northern Cotswolds then please send us an message.
- Visit idyllic villages and famous Cotswolds towns
- Tailor-make your tour to your interests
- Enjoy lunch at an awarding-winning traditional pub
Our next stop is arguably the most famous Cotswolds town and regularly voted one of the prettiest villages in England; Bourton-on-the-Water. Known as the ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’ there is plenty to see and do with a wealth of attractions, shops, restaurants and tea rooms.
From Bourton-on-the-Water your route takes you through some enchanting Cotswold villages to Burford, often called the ‘Gateway to the Cotswolds’. In Burford we will enjoy lunch at an awarding winning Cotswolds pub where you can sample traditional ale out in the sunshine if you’d like.
After lunch spend the afternoon traveling along the stunning Windrush Valley visiting hidden villages including Swinbrook, Asthall and the highlight of tour, the beautiful village and ancient ruins of Minster Lovell. This pretty village on the River Windrush boasts plenty of Cotswold stone and thatched roofs, as well as holding the title of being the region’s most haunted village. Minster Lovell is perhaps best known for the ruins of its 15th century hall, owned by generations of the Lovell family.
Departure will be late afternoon returning to your hotel by 5:00PM.
- 7-hour tour of the North Cotswolds
- Transport in a modern ,comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Knowledgeable local driver-guide
- Full control over the itinerary and route
- Entrance to a local farm should you choose
- Pick-up and drop-off within the North Cotswolds
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Food or refreshments
- Pick-up outside the North Cotswolds
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• The starting time for the tour is flexible and you can be collected from anywhere in the Northern Cotswolds area including Oxford
• The tour is ideal for a day trip from London and the most cost/time effective option is to take the direct train from London Paddington to Oxford
• Please enquire for transfers from outside of the Northern Cotswolds