Explore Oxford through the eyes of Harry Potter and other characters from the Harry Potter movies on a 1.5 to 2-hour locations tour. Discover how student life at Hogwarts compares with an Oxford education. Test your knowledge with a Potter-mania quiz.
Experience the magic of Oxford on a Harry Potter film locations tour
Explore the historic colleges with your enthusiastic guide. Outside high season, average tour group sizes are 5 people or less
Test your Hogwarts knowledge at a fun Potter-mania quiz
See inside the Hogwarts film sites of either New College or Christchurch plus the Divinity School (on selected dates)
Follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and other characters from the Harry Potter movies and look inside either New College or Christchurch Harry Potter film site. Either tour also includes entry to the Divinity school film site at the Bodleian Library (as & when it is open).
New College (founded in 1379) cloisters are where scenes from the blockbuster Harry Potter movie were filmed. Enjoy its curious grotesques, attractive gardens and admire the impressive medieval city walls. New College is said to be haunted, so if you're lucky you may see more than just talking pictures and floating lamps in its medieval Hogwart-style dining hall.
Christchurch (founded 1524) staircase and cloister are film sites of Hogwarts but the dining hall is not a film site. Nevertheless, its dining hall has the Hogwarts look. Please note that sometimes the hall is closed or viewing only from entrance to hall. As it is not the film site, the tour runs regardless of such partial closures.
The Divinity School at the Bodleian Library, is where the hospital and dance scenes took place. Discover how life at Hogwarts compares with a modern-day Oxford education and test your Hogwarts knowledge with a Potter-mania quiz. The medieval library is not open to any guides or young children and so is not visited.
The tour is ideal for small groups, language schools or business organizations. The length, subject, pace and college entrances included will depend on your preferred circumstances and how long a tour you would like to take. A typical tour lasts 1.5 hours or longer and all entrance fees are included in your ticket price.
Sep 15th, Divinity School is closed for university graduations but tour is running going to New College.
Sep 22nd, New college tour STARTS EARLY at 1pm as New college closing early.
Entrance to 2 of the 3 film location sites (on availability)
Detailed map of Oxford city center colleges, attractions and sights
What’s Not Included
The Divinity School film site (which is located at the Bodleian Library) is visited only when open and entry is not guaranteed
Inside the medieval library upstairs is not visited, as the library is not open to any tour operators to conduct guided tours
• Due to early venue closure, The New College tour starts early at 01:00 PM on Sep 22nd 2018
• Please note that while the local operator always checks for any possible closures of the film location sites, they cannot guarantee entrance on the day. Closures are very rare but please understand that these are private institutions that may close their doors without advance notice
• The tour price includes entrance fees
• Children aged 4 and under are free
• Divinity school closures will take place on September 15, 28, 29 & on November 10 & every day from 23 December 2018 to 3 January 2019. Tours on these dates will try to visit another college which is not a Harry Potter film site (usually Exeter)
• 2018 New College closures will take place on Sep 28, Nov 10, Dec 8 and every day from 23 December 2018 to 4 January 2019. On all these dates, you may instead book the other option of our Christchurch film site tour