Discover Oxford: City & Countryside Cycling Tour
- Escape the city crowds to see Oxford on two wheels, like the locals do
- Enjoy the view while cycling down the Thames River cycle path to a historic village
- Take a leisurely ride to visit a picturesque village with traditional thatched cottages and see inside an early medieval church
- Relax on an optional garden pub stop
Depart from Oxford on a 3-hour cycle tour, and follow a relaxing scenic route along the Thames River path to visit a picturesque village with thatched cottages, a medieval church, and scenic views. You then continue on a 1.5 to 2-hour walking tour that will introduce you to the sights of Oxford city sights, including visits inside the university colleges.
It is also possible to schedule a pub stop for refreshments and, regardless of the route, you can gain insight into how a boat trip along this route in 1862 inspired Lewis Carroll's story-telling of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
- Guided tour plus bicycle
- Complementary detailed map of Oxford city center colleges, attractions, sights and cycle routes
- College entrance fees (many colleges have free entrance at certain opening times)
When you get there
• There is an extra charge for infants. Alternatively, if you bring your own bicycle with child seat etc., then that's fine and there would be no extra fee for infants
• Please note this tour is not aimed at infants
• The bikes should fit anyone between 4'6 to 6'3 (1.4m to 6.3m). However, if you want to request a bike at for a different height, this may be arranged at additional cost (with advance notice)
• Please note, there is a limited number of bikes for children/adults with a height between 4'6 and 5'1
• Parent bikes with child seat or tandem bikes need to be hired at an additional cost