Oslo: Christmas Spirit Tour
- Learn about Norwegian Christmas traditions such as "lille Juleaften," "romjulen", and "Julbord"
- Take in the beautiful Christmas decorations that illuminate the Oslo city streets, squares and shop windows
- Savour the taste and smells of a typical Norwegian Christmas
- Enjoy a cozy Christmas-themed Oslo city walk with a local guide
- Stroll the grounds of The Royal Palace or take in one of the many cheerful Christmas markets Oslo has to offer
During this tour, you will live the Norwegian Christmas experience to the fullest. Learn why the Norwegians are historically divided when answering the question: "What is the traditional Norwegian Christmas dinner?”. Discover the very local concepts of “lille Julaften” and “romjulen”, along with the famous Scandinavian tradition of “Julebord”.
Enjoy a cosy promenade through streets filled with lights and decorations and taste some of Norway’s typical winter drink, gløgg (mulled wine). A stone’s throw from the Royal Palace, you will also visit Oslo’s finest Christmas market with its famous outdoor ice skating rink.
- Walking Christmas-themed tour of Oslo
- Non-alcoholic gløgg tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Youngstorget (by the fountain in the middle of the square). Look for your guide dressed in blue or white with the local partner's logo on it. The logo can also be held as a sign. Out of respect for your fellow travelers, please look up the meeting point before the start of the tour and arrive on time. If you have trouble locating the guide or the meeting point, please give the local partner a call a few minutes before the start of the tour. When you call before the tour begins, they have a greater chance of helping.Open in Google Maps ⟶