Noumea: Botanical Park & Zoo Trip from Cruise Ship Terminal
- Enjoy a family-friendly and peaceful activity
- Explore a unique educational park
- Roam amongst New Caledonia's beautiful plants and flowers
- Meet the Cagou and other remarkable species
The park is home to several areas of dry forest, araucaria plantations, a palm grove and a collection of cacti. The animal collection numbers more than 700 animals, including several species endemic to New Caledonia. Birds, reptiles and endemic mammals are on show for visitors. Some remarkable species included in the park are the Cagou (Rhynochetos jubatus) the emblem of New Caledonia and protected bird, the Flying fox (Pteropus ornatus), and the Caledonian crow (corvus moneduloides).
Embark on an educational forest walk within the park and see some beautiful plantations (Araucariaceae, maquis minier and other collections of exotic plants, such as palms and cacti). Lastly, the Nature House, located at the entrance of the park, displays samples of rocks forming the Caledonian soil, as well as a history of the local fauna and flora.
- Entrance fee to the attraction
- Return transfers in an air-conditioned van
Prepare for the activity
You will find Lyvaï Company at the Cruise Ship Terminal. Please note that many Cruise Ships dock at the deep water Container Terminal. If that's the case for your ship as well, please use the free shuttle buses running every 5-10 minutes between your ship and the terminal. The ride itself takes about 5 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The package includes transfers and admission fees to the park (note this is not a guided tour)
• You can choose to leave from 10:00 AM onwards and stay as long as you wish
• Enjoy hassle-free return transfer in an air-conditioned van