Nouméa: City Tour by Green Train From Cruise Terminal
- Travel back in time at Château Hagen
- Admire the most famous lookout in town, the Ouen Toro
- Pass Nouméa's main beaches, bays and marinas
- Learn about the arrival of the first French setters in Nouméa
Begin your tour from the Cruise Ship Terminal with a view of the Place des Cocotiers (Coconut Square), Nouville Peninsula, and the colonial houses of Faubourg Blanchot, a suburb that dates from 1874. Admire Château Hagen, a preserved colonial mansion, then continue to the Pierre Vernier promenade and see people of all ages walking and running along it.
Next, head to the highest point of Ouen-Toro, one of the most beautiful lookouts in Nouméa. Enjoy panoramic views over the lagoon next to the old, heavy Australian defense guns. Finally, cross Anse-Vata and Lemon Bays on the return to the Coconut Square in the city.
- Entrance fee to the Chateau Hagen
Prepare for the activity
Cruise Ship Terminal (Gare Maritime), Rue Jules Ferry, Nouméa 98800, New Caledonia. Some cruise ships arrive directly at the terminal, others at the deep water harbor (Container Terminal). In case of arrival at the Container Terminal, please use the free shuttle buses departing every 10 minutes from your ship directly to the Cruise Ship Terminal. The ride won't take longer than 5 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
• There is no obligation to step out at the tour's stops but children must be supervised by their parents
• This tour only operates when cruise ships are docked in Nouméa. When booking, please provide your ship's name, day of arrival, and your disembarkation time
• Your guide will give you certain safety instructions at the start of the visit. These instructions must be fully respected to have a pleasant time on board the little train
• In case of closure of the Château Hagen mansion (because of public holidays or other reasons), a second viewpoint will be included instead