Noosa: Self-Guided Water-Bike Tour
- Experience the fun and ease of the world's best water bike while cruising silently on the water whilst enjoying a stunning, eco-friendly experience
- Explore mangroves and spot amazing birdlife
- Pull up to a beach and take a refreshing swim in the warm water
Taking your abilities and the environmental conditions at the time into account, you'll head out to explore the river and have some fun. The first thing you'll notice is the huge array of birdlife. Hundreds of Pelicans call this river home, and you'll be sure to gently cycle past a few within minutes. Keep your eyes open for the majestic White Bellied Sea Eagles and Brahminy Kites overhead, or the Great Egret silently fishing in the shallows.
The first part of your tour will take you passed Noosaville's iconic jetty strip. You can take in the relaxed atmosphere and appreciate the beautiful parklands, clean beaches, unique jetties and quirky houseboats. There's plenty to do along this strip, and seeing it from the water is the best way to do it. Next you'll cross the river to the north shore where water-front homes give way to a wild national park that is home to mangrove systems, paper bark forests and towering eucalyptus trees. This is a great place to try and spot wildlife, as you search the shallows for sting rays and schools of fish ,and look into the bush for birds and kangaroos.
From here you really get to explore and tailor the tour to how you want. You can navigate your way between the sand banks and enter a stunning natural area called the Frying Pan. You may wish to continue further toward the river mouth, or you may choose to pull the bike up onto a secluded beach and stop for a swim and some refreshments. The water is clear, warm, and refreshing toward the river mouth, and can be enjoyed year round.
Once you've recharged and are ready to head back, simply jump on your bike and head back to the jetty where the tour began.
- Instructions, guidance, and a map of the tour
- Dry bag to keep your belongings safe from water
- Water and light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
• If this tour is cancelled due to weather conditions, you will have the opportunity to reschedule or will be offered a full refund
• Although these amazing water bikes can handle most conditions, the tour can be easily customized to the situation
• Life jackets are available upon request