Nice: Bay of Villefranche 5-Hour Electric Bike Tour
- Discover a fantastic chapel of fishermen designed by Jean Cocteau (unique modern artist, and rival of Picasso)
- Admire the most beautiful seaside landscapes surrounding Nice and Villefranche Bay
- See incredible villas built during Belle Epoque Period, owned by some famous people and rich oligarchs
- Visit a villa once owned by the Rothschild banking family see its 8 amazing different gardens (optional)
- Marvel at the unbelievably ornate antique Greek villa of Kerylos (optional)
Pedal through the old town to see gardens and fountains. Cycle along the palm-lined Promenade des Anglais. Visit Castle Hill (Parc du Château) for a panoramic view of Vieux Nice. Continue uphill to the Cape of Nice. Marvel at the Belle Époque villas on both sides. Stop to take photos of the landscape over Angel’s Bay.
Continue along the coast to Villefranche-sur-Mer, enjoying breathtaking views over the Bay of Villefranche and Cap Ferrat along the way. Hear about some of the most famous residents of the magnificent villas you see en route.
Upon arrival at Villefranche, take a walking tour of the Old Town and discover tiny streets full of charm. Go to the 16th-century fortress, built above the sea to protect the bay from pirates and French attacks. Now the site of several museums, including the Volti Sculpture Museum, the fortress is also home to City Hall and gardens with interesting view points from the towers and walls.
If you are hungry for more, continue to Saint Jean Cap Ferrat to take part in optional water activities, such as jet skis, canoes, and more. Villefranche is perfect for embracing the slow “Dolce Vita” and swimming in azure waters. Alternatively, stroll through the beautiful gardens of the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, marvel at the Greek-style Villa Kerylos, or go to the stunning Villa Santo Sospir to see wall drawings by one of its former residents, Jean Cocteau.
Cycle back to Nice via an alternative route popular with the locals.
- Bike rental with basket
- Local and professional guide with diploma
- Entrance to villas/museums of Rothschild and Kerylos
- Cocteau's chapel
- Food and drinks
- Any sea activities
Prepare for the activity
Urban Motion Bike Store, at 21 Rue François Guisol, 06300 Nice, France. Please note that the meeting point may change to a location at a different shop, near Place Garibaldi (Garibaldi Square).Open in Google Maps ⟶