New York: Statue of Liberty and One World Observatory
- Catch an early ferry to Liberty Island and avoid the crowds at the Statue of Liberty
- Visit key sites at the 9/11 Memorial, such as the Reflecting Pools and Survivor’s Tree
- Enjoy breathtaking views of New York from the One World Observatory
- Learn about the terrible events of 11 September at St. Paul's Chapel
Start your day at Battery Park, where priority boarding will get you on one of the 1st ferries of the day to leave for Liberty Island. Marvel at the views of New York City as you sail across the harbor. On arrival at Liberty Island, enjoy a tour of the Statue of Liberty.
Re-board the ferry to cross to Ellis Island, and learn about the immigration process that 12 million new arrivals to the New World underwent. Walk the Stairs of Separation, and get a feel for how it must have felt for lovers and families as they awaited their fate and new life in the “Land of the Free.”
Break for lunch, before your afternoon tour of the 9/11 Memorial and One World Observatory. Go to the heart of the terrible tragedy of 11 September 2001, and learn how the city rebuilt itself, bigger, better and stronger. Get an insight into the day’s events at St. Peter’s Chapel.
Pause for a moment at the Twin Reflecting Pools, built in the footprints of the World Trade Center. Look at the engraved names of every victim. Continue to the Fireman’s Memorial to pay tribute to the brave men and women who worked around the clock after the attacks. See the Survivor’s Tree, a single tree that miraculously survived the attacks and was nursed back to health by New Yorkers as a symbol of their enduring strength.
End with a visit to the brand new One World Observatory, where your pre-reserved tickets guarantee entry no matter how large the crowds are. Your guide will leave you here so that you can enjoy the panoramic views of New York and beyond at peace.
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum entrance
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty
- Entrance ticket to the One World Observatory (guaranteed, pre-reserved entry)
- Access to the Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transfers between tours
- Guided tour inside the Statue of Liberty and museum, an introduction is given outside
Prepare for the activity
For the morning tour, meet at the front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place, Battery Park (to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton) Directions: If you are arriving by taxi, tell your driver to drop you off at Pier A Harbor House, Battery Park, near the Statue of Liberty ferry. If you are arriving by subway, take line 4 or 5 to Bowling Green, or line 1 or the R to Rector Street. Walk towards the water. Pier A Harbor House is to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton. For the afternoon tour, meet in front of St Peter's Church, intersection Barclay St/Church St. Your afternoon tour starts at 15:00, please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty Crown, due to security measures
• Your guide will give an introduction to the museum and will remain outside while you visit
• One World Observatory entry is at 5 PM, and an average visit takes approximately 1.5 hours
• Your visit to the One World Observatory is non-guided
• You will need to pass through airport-style security to enter the observatory. During high season the wait at security can be up to 20 minutes.
• This tour does not include the 9/11 Memorial Museum
• Please note that your afternoon tour portion will depart at 3 PM (with a strict meeting time of 2:45 PM)
• Only water in a clear container/bottle is allowed through security