New York City: Haunted Greenwich Village Ghost Tour
- Learn the dark history of New York City in one of its most historic neighborhoods: Greenwich Village
- Walk by former residences of famous past New Yorkers such as Mark Twain, Emma Lazurus, Edgar Allen Poe, and Thomas Paine
- Learn of past tragedies and hauntings that make Greenwich Village a hotspot for paranormal activity
Come explore a side of Greenwich Village that many people have never known about. The town has been inundated with a history that is fascinating, tragic, and strange. Embark on a life-changing experience and explore a side of New York that few are brave enough to see. Throughout the tour you will visit 9 haunted locations in and around Greenwich Village whilst seeing historical places that are home to some of the strangest tales you’ve ever heard.
You'll encounter the Jefferson Market Library, where architectural curiosity catches the eye due to its unique tower. If you look closer however you’ll see a dark past, as this building once served as a prison for Manhattan’s female criminals, and was also the first night court.
Following that you will visit the site of the Triangle Factory Fire, a tragic event which led to the death of nearly 150 people. You'll conclude by visiting the Mark Twain House and a haunted restaurant, where ghosts from 200 years ago have been seen consistently since 1910. Whilst at the Mark Twain House you can see if you can catch a glimpse of the famous author walking about in a white suit, which many witnesses claim to have seen.
- Guided tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with back problems
- People with respiratory issues
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts, and look for your experienced guide carrying a lantern. Just have your check-in details ready on your phone, you do not need a physical ticket.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Video recording
• This tour is not recommended for people who cannot walk more than a mile