4-Day Tour of America from New York City
- Walk through Watkins Glen Canyon
- Tour the American Side of the Falls including the American Falls, Goat Island and Sister Island
- Experience the power aboard the Maid of the Mist (May-October)
- See the Capitol Hill,Senate and White House an learn about the core of the US government
- Visit the Arlington National Cemetery and see the changing of the guards
- Tour the Air and Space Musuem
- Find bargains on your trip to the outlet mall
- Visit Philadelphia, the historical Liberty bell and the famous Rocky steps
- Take an Amish buggy ride in Lancaster PA and learn about the Amish life style, culture and religion
Day 1: New York - Finger Lakes - Niagara Falls
Your morning departure from the Big Apple takes you north where you will pass the beautiful Delaware Gap to Watkins Glen State Park in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. Walk through Watkins Glen Canyon to visit the beautiful waterfalls and then continue to Niagara Falls passing Seneca Lake, arriving in the late afternoon (Winter itinerary goes to Montour Falls instead of Watkins Glen State Park).
Tour the American Side of the Falls including the American Falls, Goat Island and Luna Island. At night tour Niagara Falls where you will marvel at the colorful lighting of the waters.
Overnight: Niagara Falls - Wyndham Super 8
Day 2: Niagara Falls - New Jersey
As you depart the hotel, hear the thundering water of Niagara Falls. See the falls up close from Horseshoe Falls and experience the power of the current aboard the Maid of the Mist (May-October). From November through April you will tour the scenic tunnels. At noon depart south to New-York State.
On the way to New York, enjoy a shopping excursion at one of the large outlet malls along the way, where you can hunt for bargains at their brand name stores.
Overnight New Jersey - La Quinta Inns & Suites
Day 3: New Jersey - Philadelphia - Washington DC
Depart New Jersey to Pennsylvania and to the city of brotherly love Philadelphia.
Arriving in the Historic area of Philadelphia you will visit the famous Liberty Bell, and Constitution square and Constitution Hall, one of the symbols of freedom in America. Stroll Elfreth’s Alley (the oldest inhabited street in America) then continue on a panoramic tour of Philadelphia that includes the financial district, Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Historic Philadelphia and more.
Departing Philadelphia, see the famous “Rocky Steps” and then continue north to Lancaster county home of the Amish people. Ride on an authentic Amish Buggy, visit an Amish market place of handmade arts and crafts and learn what it's like to live without the benefit of modern technology, electricity, running water or telephone service.
Overnight at: Wyndham Garden, Washington DC.
Day 4: Washington DC - New York
Start the day with a visit to Thomas Jefferson Memorial, by the Tidal Basin, surrounded with famous Japanese cherry blossom trees. Visit the Arlington National Cemetery, the changing of the guards and the Kennedy family gravesite.
Next stop is Capitol Hill. See the US Capitol and the White House to understand the core of the US government. Continue to the Air and Space Museum before visiting the Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Korea and Vietnam Memorials.
In the late afternoon, depart north for an evening arrival in New York.
- 3 nights hotel including tax and continental breakfast
- Air-conditioned bus or van
- Professional tour guide
- Sightseeing in Niagara Falls, Philadelphia, Washington DC and Amish Country
- Admission to the Maid of the Mist (Summer) or Scenic Tunnels (Winter)
- Amish Buggy Ride
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
The Gray Line Visitor Center New York at 07:00 777 8th Ave. Between 47th & 48th street. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. From April 1, 2020, there is a new meeting point: Gray Line Visitors Center at Port Authority Bus terminal 42nd St. (between 8th and 9th Ave.) New York 10036 at 6:30 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• Passengers without Canadian visas will be accommodated on the US side of Niagara Falls
• Due to security, a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery