Split Apple Rock: Half-Day Sea Kayak Experience
- Experience 2 hours of guided sea kayaking paddling along the golden sand beaches of the Kaiteriteri coastline
- Visit Split Apple Rock and see for your self why its one the most photographed rocks in New Zealand
- Explore the islands, caves and beaches along this special slice of paradise
After checking in at the kayak office at 8:30AM to receive all the information you need for the day ahead from friendly local staff, you will proceed onward to see the best spots and have a great time with a group of people in a beautiful area. Paddle at a relaxed pace and pause often to enjoy views, stories and conversation. You will paddle through the most sheltered part of the Kaiteriteri coastline with generally calmer seas for a distance of approximately 5 kilometers over the space of 3 hours (including breaks). Tour concludes with return to the kayak base around 11:45AM.
- 3.5-hour guided sea kayaking experience
- All kayaking equipment including a dry bag for electronic equipment
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- Department of Conservation concession fees
Prepare for the activity
3 Kaiteriteri-Sandy Bay Road, Kaiteriteri, New Zealand. Located at Kaiteriteri Beach, the office is between the Kai Restaurant and the Kaiteriteri store midway along the beach. There is all day free car parking on the left-hand side as you cross over the bridge arriving into Kaiteriteri.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
A packed lunch can be purchased from the local operator prior to travel for NZD $18 per person.
Bring a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, warm top, t-shirt, shorts, swimsuit, wind jacket, walking shoes/sandals, camera, change of clothes, water, and additional snack food if desired.