From Naples: Small-Group Pompeii & Herculaneum Tour
- Explore the archaeological site of Pompeii with your professional tour guide
- Follow the ancient Pompeii path and admire the beautiful theaters and baths
- Learn about the differences between the Pompeii and Herculaneum archaeological sites
- Wander through the Herculaneum ruins freely and find the perfect spots to take beautiful pictures
After pickup at your hotel in Naples around 8:30 AM, make your way with your guide to Pompeii, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. Once there, take a pleasant walk around the ruins and be shown its highlights. Step by step, the city will return to its original splendor right before your eyes. Imagine gladiators working out while passing by the Gymnasium, and admire the acoustics of the Small Theater.
Continue to the majestic House of Menander and don’t miss the chance to wander around the Domus. Then, see the Temple of Isis, the Egyptian Goddess, before entering the colorful Baths whose pipe system will leave you speechless. Your guide will then lead you to the Forum, the market square so full of life back in the day.
Have a quick break for lunch (not included), then get ready to stroll around the enchanting town of Herculaneum. Though smaller than Pompeii, the Herculaneum archaeological site is still original and fascinating. Marvel at the colorful mosaics of the Baths, visit the House of the Alcova, and enter the Skeleton House. Pay attention to the wooden furniture and doors, still standing despite the lava and ashes that fell over the city. The tour concludes back in Naples around 4:30 PM.
- Roundtrip transportation from the meeting point in Naples
- Admission tickets to the archaeological sites
- Guided tour in Pompeii with a guide exclusive to the group
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour in Herculaneum
Prepare for the activity
The driver will pick you up outside the Starhotel Terminus at 8:30 AM. Please wait for the driver outside the hotel.The driver will be holding a sign with your surname. If you are running late, please advise.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Passport or ID card for children
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• You will spend 2.5 hours in Pompeii with your tour guide and will have 2 hours to visit the Herculaneum site on your own
• A minimum of 3 participants is required for the activity to take place
• The guide will provide you the admission tickets to the archaeological sites