Full-Day Pompeii and Vesuvius Tour with Lunch and Wine
- Skip the lines at Pompeii and tour the ruins with an official guide
- Enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at a well-known Vesuvius winery
- Hike to the top of Mount Vesuvius for a look inside its still-active crater
Start at the Pompeii site and hear about the fateful day in 79 AD when Mount Vesuvius erupted, covering the city in a thick layer of ash.
Enjoy skip-the-line entry at the site and the expertise of an official guide. Walk along Pompeii’s main streets, visit the forum and look inside intact dwellings.
Hike up the lush slopes of Vesuvius to meet a wine producer and taste 6 native varieties. Enjoy a 3-course lunch as you admire sweeping views from the terrace.
Continue to the edge of the volcano’s crater on a 20-minute walk. Look inside the caldera and take in the most breathtaking panoramas of the day.
- Tour as per description
- Entrance ticket/reservation fees for the Pompeii site
- Entrance ticket/reservation fees for the Vesuvius volcano
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 people
- English-speaking local guide
- Round-trip transportation from Naples by air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets so you can always hear the guide
- Wine tasting with lunch that includes 6 wines and a 3-course meal
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
When you get there
The meeting point is at Naples central train station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci. With your back to the main entrance of the train station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you will see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left. The guide will be waitinng for you outside the entrance to this hotel. Arriving by metro: Get off at the Garibaldi metro stop and exit the station. With your back to the main entrance of Naples central train station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you will see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments cannot be accommodated on this tour
• Strollers or baby carriages cannot be accommodated on group tours
• In the rare case of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case, an alternative visit to the Archeological Museum of Pompeii will be included or another visit of equal value
• The hike up to the crater of Vesuvius is optional and requires a good level of general fitness to complete. The hike is 1 mile uphill at a 14-degree angle and takes 20 minutes. The hike is mostly on soft ground so suitable footwear is recommended. Those who prefer may remain at the parking area and enjoy the views
• Temperatures on the volcano may be a bit lower than temperatures at sea level, so a sweater or light jacket is recommended, especially outside the summer months