Ancient Pompeii: Private 2.5-Hour Skip-the-Line Tour
- Visit Pompeii on a private tour and skip the lines waiting to enter
- Experience one of the finest examples of early Roman life
- Marvel at the oldest Roman amphitheater
In 79 AD nearby Mount Vesuvius erupted with such force that it buried the city of Pompeii beneath ash and rubble. It wasn’t until the 18th century that the city was again revealed.
Your 3-hour guided walk will take you to the Theater, where countless comedies and tragedies played. Next, it’s on to the Thermal Baths, the earliest of health spas.
Pompeii was a thriving maritime metropolis. It was a port for ships sailing the Mediterranean, and its colorful culture developed around the many bars, restaurants, and brothels that lined its raucous streets. From clothing to slaves, merchants offered their wares to passersby. Visit restaurants, see wine cellars, and learn the prices of items for sale.
Marvel at the oldest Roman Amphitheater, the domain of gladiators, and take a peek into the infamous Red Light District. You’ll also visit the Forum, where art and philosophy met politics and religion. Admire the architecture and imagine the formal ceremonies and processions that took place in these very streets so many years ago.
Getting to Pompeii is easy: located several kilometers south of Naples and 240 kilometers south of Rome, it can be reached by train (Pompeii Scavi Station). Your professional guide is available to meet you at your hotel, the port, the train station, or the airport.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Pompeii
- Admission fee
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Hotel Vittoria, Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore 2, Pompeii. Your guide will wait at the entrance of the hotel's coffee shop, and will be holding a sign with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
• Bring a hat in the summertime
• All ages and fitness levels are welcome
• Children under the age of 12 do not need to pay tour and entrance fees, while those under the age of 18 do not need to pay entrance fees (must have proof of age with valid ID)