Dharavi: Street Art Walking Tour
- Dive into the alleyways of Dharavi - the heart of Mumbai
- Experience the vibrancy of India's street art, contributed by international and Indian artists
- Learn about the significant social and economic impact of this neighbourhood on Mumbai
- Gain a fresh perspective by engaging with locals during this tour
People from all over India have come to live in Dharavi, making it a microcosm of India. This diversity is apparent in the murals, temples, mosques, churches, and pagodas that stand side by side. On this walking tour, visitors experience a wide range of these business activities: recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, bakery, soap factory, leather tanning, poppadom-making and many more. The tour will also visit the residential areas and get a glimpse of street art in Dharavi.
This educational tour aims to give visitors a much more nuanced understanding of life and work in Mumbai slums. Engage with your local guide and residents to gain a new perspective of this area. Proceeds from this walking tour are reinvested in community development for education, youth empowerment and well-being projects of Dharavi residents.
- Cold soft drinks at the end of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• This tour adopts a strict no-photography policy while in the slum (to ensure the privacy of the residents)